In times past we have agreed to either MAKE a gift, or PURCHASE a gift around the suggested amount of $20. As it has been $20 for over 10 years, I propose we raise this amount to $30(except Christian get a 50 or more dollar gift), but it's perfectly fine if we keep it around $20. Personally, I was so excited to make a Christmas gift this year because I had my first brilliant idea to make an awesome Christmas gift, but alas it wouldn't work for Christian. SO, Mike & Angela you are in luck!..... I digress.....)( MORE FOR ME!!!) -Chris
Anyway, if there are other proposals or ideas for family Christmas giving, let's chat about it! REPLY ALL and we can connect from across the nation!
Love to all, and to all a good night! (wait, it's still afternoon.... :-)
Alexis
Hello, Family!
Can you believe that Christmas is here again? Wahoooooooooooo! I love this season! Christian GETS MORE PRESENTS EVEN THOUGH THE ECONOMY IS FAILING!!!
Here is the GIFT GIVING list for the Howard Family for 2008:
2008
GIVER Receiver
Swen Christian
Michael Christian
Alexis Christian
Samuel Christian
Allison Christian
Trevor Christian
Devin Christian
Christian Suprise!!!!
Can you believe that Christmas is here again? Wahoooooooooooo! I love this season! Christian GETS MORE PRESENTS EVEN THOUGH THE ECONOMY IS FAILING!!!
Here is the GIFT GIVING list for the Howard Family for 2008:
2008
GIVER Receiver
Swen Christian
Michael Christian
Alexis Christian
Samuel Christian
Allison Christian
Trevor Christian
Devin Christian
Christian Suprise!!!!
In the most humblest of ways, I think i speak for the family when i say: I propose that since i am the youngest, i should get a 50 to x number of dollars gift, and i should get Devin's gift since he is so humble and i KNOW he would want me to have it and keep whatever the gift may be "safe" until he gets home. :D And since i know you all love me so much, NONE of you will disagree or try to make me feel guilty!-Chris P.S. I have made the appropriate changes to Alexis's message below just because i am so nice!P.S Look at them!
LOL!!! Here, here!!! I agree w/ Christian! Let's give all our presents to Christian this year in celebration of a 'receding' economy (kind of like all Christian's older brother's hair lines!). Love you Christian! You made me laugh! And that's a gift well given! Love you all. Swen.
As I am the one who really has Christian on my list, I feel it appropriate to respond to his request.
I am impressed at the humble nature in which he requested this great gift to be bestowed upon him. I will go ahead and foot the bill for all my siblings, so that each of you can have a Merrier Christmas this wonderful, yet economically hard season. But as we are talking about humility, I'm sure Christian won't mind if I humbly tell him we just purchased a new Ferrari and can now only afford to buy him a gift for $1 - here we come, Dollar Store! Woot!!
Love always,
Alexis
I am impressed at the humble nature in which he requested this great gift to be bestowed upon him. I will go ahead and foot the bill for all my siblings, so that each of you can have a Merrier Christmas this wonderful, yet economically hard season. But as we are talking about humility, I'm sure Christian won't mind if I humbly tell him we just purchased a new Ferrari and can now only afford to buy him a gift for $1 - here we come, Dollar Store! Woot!!
Love always,
Alexis
I've been reading this email for the past couple days and laughing every time... I figured I should respond to let you all know how funny I think my youngest brother is.Thanks for the laugh Chris! See everyone in less than a month!
Allison H. Butterfield
Allison H. Butterfield
Oh sure, of course lexi is the only one (besides sam with one look) who can come up with a way where she doesn't make me feel guilty or disagree with me in the same sentence. Sneaky, very very very sneaky. I am proud to know you...you little loop-hole finder with your "new" ferrari. Since we are on the road of finding loopholes, let me let you know, lexi dear, that your giver (trevor) is really close to me and i am sure will do me a few "favors". With loopholes, >:DChris???
Trevor and I go WAAAAY back, AND I took pictures with his awesome hat so now he's going to get BIG BIG business. He wouldn't want to risk loosing a relationship that would cost him his source of income...... :-)
So, you Mr. Clever Guy, You - if you could choose between $1 Plastic Army Toys or a $1 Dart Gun that has bent darts so they don't really stick to anything anyway, which would you prefer?
Oh, I gotta go - it's time to 'walk' my Ferrari ;-D
As ever your dear sister,
Lexie
So, you Mr. Clever Guy, You - if you could choose between $1 Plastic Army Toys or a $1 Dart Gun that has bent darts so they don't really stick to anything anyway, which would you prefer?
Oh, I gotta go - it's time to 'walk' my Ferrari ;-D
As ever your dear sister,
Lexie
Oh ho ho! Lexi lexi lexi, i have underestimated your level of evil-ness. Black mailing trevor, so sad, so sad. This act of aggresion against my brother must not go unnoticed. You have forced me into actions that i had hoped-ish to avoid. But when your husband comes home in a box after hitting a tree on a night of snowboarding with bented darts in his eyes and teeth, i will just smile innocently and reload my 1 dollar dart gun.With great anticipation for the coming snowboarding season, >:DChris P.S No offense Paul, you are just in the wrong marriage at the wrong snowboarding season.P.P.S Paul, i would suggest "convincing" your wife to reconsider my first offer, for both of your best interests of course. ;)P.P.P.S Think of the children.
Hey you two! Don't even try to bring me in between your little 'tiff'. I'm as poor as it is without all this talk about 'money' and 'presents'. My heart about stops if i start think about it.... argh...*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*_________________________/\/\/\_*beep*___/\/\/\_*beep*___/\/\/\_*beep*___/\/\/\_*beep*. Phew! That was close. I'm going to get back to studying before any more stress related aliments occur.Good luck, and i love you both.......equally.--Trevorp.s. ok maybe Lexie a little more, she DOES have cutie little kids.
With the passage of a little time hopefully tempers and egos have had a chance to subside.
I have been carefully plotting... i mean planning my response:
Christian! I simply apply a LITTLE pressure to Trevor, and you threaten to leave me
and my three daughters homeless with no daddy to love and support us?
Nothing but 'bented' darts to remember him by?
Blackmail, you say, eh?
Think of the Children, Christian!!!!
I practically raised you!!! I treated you like you were my own! And now this? *cry!!!...
Dearest Christian, beloved youngest brother of my beloved family,
Pride goeth before the fall - You have 'requested' ALL and now you have... well, you might not have much Christmas gift before this is through...
I would like to share some scriptures with you mostly taken from Mosiah 11, but I have taken the liberty "arrange" some of words to help your understanding. (I know all of these words can be found somewhere in the scriptures....)
And it came to pass that (the self appointed) King *Christian (Acts 26:28)..... laid a tax..... upon his people (a.k.a. family)... yea great was the burden thereof....But behold the warnings to the King..... were not heeded.... and the people.... revolted.... and the self-appointed King.... was left with nothing.... but did serve the people.... all the remainder of his days.... making them wealthy and prosperous...
Have a great Sabbath, Dart Boy! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night
Your loving and dear sister, always....
Lexie (with an 'e'...)
p.s. I was enjoying speeding around in my new Ferrari so much that I neglected to see the police officer - (ya I didn't HAVE to stop because of my incredibly FAST car, but I'm a good person...) - so anyway I had to tip the cop $0.75 to let me off the hook, so I only have $0.25 left to spend on you, so how about a bubblegum ball? Chew on that for a minute....
p.s.s (like Tom Brokaw...) I was driving down highway 40 in my big'ol pickup FERRARI!
I apologize................for not having a proper photo editing program! I believe the attachment will be just as funny/sad though.Be proud Lexie dear, for you have indeed raised me to who i am today. Now how does that makes you feel when you see me plotting to destroy your family...? Look what a great job you did! *wink with Sam's signature triple snap*With evil laughter and a warm hug for my "going to be without a father" nieces.Uncle Chris.P.S Don't make me come up with ideas of how to destroy your family with bubble gum...P.P.S I REALLY hope the attachment works.
I was laughing so hard I cried... Masterful...both of you. Truly genius. Throw more brandy! (Sam)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Swen)
¡Che, me matè de la risa! ¡Increible! ¡excelente! ¡maravilloso! ¡expectacular! ¡todo chiche! or as others say, JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAH!I am amazed, utterly and undeniably amazed. I don't think I've laughed so hard since a long time. I'll have you all know my companion enjoyed it a ton as well. I had to stop because everyone started looking at us weird, but thankfuly everyone's favorite soap opera came on the t.v. (phew). I'm going to have to start thinking carefuly what I'm going to do for christmas as to avoide the wrath of my war mungering blonde siblings (you two are still blond, right?) DON'T worry that wasn't derrogatory...DON'T HURT MEehehhh!with love,--Elder Howard--p.s. I can only imagine mom and dad's expression as the sit back and watch the battle...a type of "what have we done?" look.
Christian, Christian....
Let me make this short and sweet - to the 'dart'-point:
We have held a family council and have decided to acquiesce to your request for the sake of "peace on earth good will to men." We have Christmas in our hearts, so we are going to give you our new......Ferrari!!! Wahoo!
I just have two more questions for the WHOLE family:
1. I propose we pretend I never made a proposal, and we keep the family gift suggestion to $20. IF ANYONE THINKS THIS SHOULD CHANGE, then speak up ONLY on this specific thought :-) - $20 or $30, or forever hold your peace ;-)
2. Mike is obviously the only one who hasn't seen any humor in all this as he has yet to respond, ..... I know your busy, Michael, but "isn't it about time???..."
Love to you all, and we can hardly wait to see you in a few weeks! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Always,
Alexis
p.s. I may have exaggerated a LITTLE bit on the ferrari-
To all,In an effort to spurn dysfunctional elements of capitalist propaganda and culture, in which many of us have become saturated over the years, I want us to question our motives for spending money around Christmas time. Are we spending money to show our love for one another, or are we just trying to keep up with cultural expectations? It took several years for this to happen, but I'm at the point where I don't care if anyone gives me a thing...except for cheese balls and summer sausage, of course. As long as I get to hang out with y'all around Christmas time, I'm happy. Let me be clear in saying that I think gift giving is still a very worthy tradition; however, must the gift have a price tag attached to it? For me at least, it really is the thought, service, and love that go into the gift that counts. Thus, I propose that we hold no price expectations for our gifts. Let's be creative! Babysitting, beanies, pies, car cleaning, a slide show, a music mix, a letter, whatever... If the gift costs money, fine. If it doesn't, all the better. Just wanted to put this out there for all of your consideration. Love you all, -Sam
Here here!
As young children perhaps we need something concrete to guide our decisions. As"grown-ups" (snicker) it's time we graduate to the SPIRIT of Christmas. I enjoy the opportunity to give gifts at Christmas time, and I enjoy bringing Christmas cheer to at least one of my family members. Thank you, Sam, for this new proposal! I believe we can adopt this philosophy of family gifts and enjoy a greater Spirit of Christmas.
As young children perhaps we need something concrete to guide our decisions. As"grown-ups" (snicker) it's time we graduate to the SPIRIT of Christmas. I enjoy the opportunity to give gifts at Christmas time, and I enjoy bringing Christmas cheer to at least one of my family members. Thank you, Sam, for this new proposal! I believe we can adopt this philosophy of family gifts and enjoy a greater Spirit of Christmas.
Alexis
Love to all!
May i start of this message by saying that i am honored to be considered in your group of "adults" as stated below. However, i am now going to take a huge hold on my family love, peace, joy, giving, happiness boat and veer hard left. *Buckle up* :D. I was reading that last message and it almost brought a tear to my tearless eyes. Then i said to myself, i said, "self, i just turned seventeen, i am supposed to WANT money spent on me. That is the way other "normal" 17 year olds act... right???" Anyways, i will just have to accept lexi's Ferrari as a small gift.What kind of an American would i be if i didn't wish to put money into this Christmas to help the suffering economy. Yes, i did say that as a statement. With love just like everyone wrote on their closing,Chris
Love to all!
May i start of this message by saying that i am honored to be considered in your group of "adults" as stated below. However, i am now going to take a huge hold on my family love, peace, joy, giving, happiness boat and veer hard left. *Buckle up* :D. I was reading that last message and it almost brought a tear to my tearless eyes. Then i said to myself, i said, "self, i just turned seventeen, i am supposed to WANT money spent on me. That is the way other "normal" 17 year olds act... right???" Anyways, i will just have to accept lexi's Ferrari as a small gift.What kind of an American would i be if i didn't wish to put money into this Christmas to help the suffering economy. Yes, i did say that as a statement. With love just like everyone wrote on their closing,Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment