I though't I'd take this time to give a quick update so that our vegetable stays fresh and doesn't become rotten (haha).
I am really enjoying my ward and have been serving as an Elder's Quorum instructor. I enjoy teaching and the gospel principles manual is amazing. Oh how sweet the simple gospel principles are.
My roommates are awesome. We don't only get along but hang out and have fun together. I am fortunate to have moved in with people I didn't know and have since become great friends with. My roommate Neil Smith, who's great friends with Tom and Trevor as well, left for Haiti last week. He speaks Haitian Creole and was so happy to go and help. He will be gone for about a month doing construction and being a translator. I miss having him around because he always takes such joy and interest in my dating life, to a degree that always cracks me up.
School is going well. My biology teacher is somewhat of a hippie, but I suppose there's always something I can learn. I'm taking Web Design and Geology which are my favorite classes, and also taking Math 1050 in order to finish up my requirements to graduate with an Associates in Science at the end of this semester. Chris and I shall walk together, how 'bout that!
Wow, I didn't expect this to be as long, but owell, it's a bit of what's happening. Before I conclude I must mention that as of recently I am dating a girl named Deleise. She's the choir director in our ward and we get along really well. You can check my face book page if you want to see pictures.
I love you all and hope to hear updates from you!
--Devin Howard--
2 comments:
Well, I'm just glad to have made through January. That is really cool about Neil; maybe he can share some of his experiences with us when he returns. Good luck with school and dating.
Thanks so much for the update, Dev. I'm glad school is going so well. I was so surprised about you getting your associates this semester. Holy cow! How in the world did you do that so fast? I'm impressed. We miss you and can't wait to meet your singing friend. Loves!
Post a Comment