Hello everyone!
In compliance with Mom's request, here is what's going on for us! We are doing great, but very busy.
-Swen has started his sales position at Fisher, a long awaited triumph. He will be doing some traveling around the states immediately surrounding UT, doing what he does best. He's serving in the Young Men's organization as the teachers quorum adviser and some kind of scout coach. Venture, maybe? Anyhoo, YM is his favorite place to serve, so I'm happy to part with him on Wednesday nights.
-I'm getting a little tired of going to school everyday and I'm counting down the weeks til the semester is over. The kids look forward to the break too. I try not to study when they're awake, but I think they can sense my general stress level (high, in case you were wondering :). I'm enjoying serving as the wolf/bear den leader. The pregnancy is going really well. I feel great besides some really ugly varicose veins. Swen wants to decorate them with leaves and flowers, so they'll look like a lovely vine tattoo instead of a blight on my person. I'm considering his proposal. We will find out the gender on December 1.
-Ike is playing the cello in orchestra, and the family really enjoys hearing him practice. He's doing great in school, as usual. He earned his Arrow of Light a few months ago, and is now an 11 year old scout. His goal is to pass me by the end of 6th grade. He's already passed 5', so he's well on his way. He also just broke 100 lbs.
-Joe is still trying to grow out his hair, and I'm trying not to say too much. I think he said that he might let me trim it this weekend, so I'm going to seize that opportunity before he changes his mind. He's getting pretty shaggy. He's also getting really tall. He's only 1.5 inches behind Ike, and we're wondering when the fateful day will come when he'll pass Ike. Older brother will not be pleased! Joe has assumed Ike's place as the family tease. Actually, that's not true. They equally share the position, much to my chagrin. Joe is SUPER excited about the baby's arrival. He's a baby whisperer like his dad.
-Alyssa is a dramatic princess cutie, like always. She's obsessed with long hair. She has started wearing hooded jackets wherever she goes, and she calls it her hair. She really thinks that people will think the jacket is her hair. She's such a silly-head! She enjoys her 2 preschools and any chance she is able to spend with friends.
-Link's little language is finally blossoming. He substitutes -oy- or -iy- for the -r- sound, and -t- for -c-. So "car" is "tiiy", "star" is "stoy", "more" is "moy". He melts my heart, he's so cute. His favorite thing is being thrown up in the air by his dad. He doesn't give Swen any breaks from his request, "up in aiy (air)!" He spreads his arms and legs out wide and goes way up in the air. He has even hit his head on our 9 foot ceilings before. He still eats everything he can get his hands on, but he's starting to thin out a bit. He has grown over 5 inches since January, and Swen is excited to be able to live his football dreams through Link.
We love you all so much and look forward to reading your updates.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update, Bex! I better get ready for the day when those boys pass me, too. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to breathe deeply a couple times a day. ;)
Wow, good thing you're family is so much fun or life would be rather boring ah? Hehe, they crack me up
Post a Comment