Hello Fam!
What I'd like us to do in this post is come up with a running list of memorable "isms" that our Father has used throughout our lives. I'll start us off with a few examples, and please add to the list!
1) Q: "Whatcha doin', Dad?"; A: "Ridin' a horse."
2) Q: "What's for dinner, Dad?"; A: "Stewed tomato on light-bread sandwiches..."
3) "Well that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."
4) "Sixes an' half dozen of the other"
5) "Suaave and deboner"
6) "Yellow?" (In place of "Hello" on the phone)
7) "Darn Chilean Barking Spider"
8) "Get 'em up scout!"
9) "Whadaya mean 'we,' white man?"
10) "That's dumber than a post" (Note: Allie got the #10 :D )
11) "Well if that's dinner, we've had it"
12) Dad where's mom? "Albuquerque"
13) Dad where's mom? "Died and went to heaven"
14) "vamo(s)no(s) hijo, arriba pa' bajo!" the s's are implied, not used.
15) Q: How was your day? A: "We were busier than a one-legged-man in a rear end kickin' contest!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! I've heard all of those! I love dad's little sayings. I can't think of anymore to add, though... I'll have to ask Swen.
Post a Comment